Attach files that are not tied to a specific record and can be accessed by anyone.
There are two kinds of attachments in Tracker:
- Record attachments are files or links that can be saved in a record (e.g. a screenshot of an error being reported or a related web site link).
- Global attachments are files that are independent of an individual record. These can include documents that are used in your process, training materials or any other resource that is helpful to your end users. These attachments are accessible to anyone with the appropriate URL. It is not required for a user to login to Tracker to access these attachments.
Global attachments are managed in the Admin section.
To add a global attachment:
- Login as Admin and click on the Admin icon.
- Click on the Global File Attachments link.
- Click on the Add Attachment button.
- Enter a description of the attachment, then click Choose File.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click OK to save the attachment.
More information about Global Attachments can be found in the Online Help Guide.